Dischem Medical Monday
The Dischem Medical Monday is broadcast every Monday, brought to you by Dischem. The show delves into topical issues that affect listeners from all walks of life. Topics include health issues, food allergies, and every day ills that affect the layman. Kathy Kaler conducts Interviews with top medical experts where they discuss the most common medical conditions plaguing the population. These experts discuss the causes, symptoms and treatments of many conditions in today's society.
More about Kathy
1) If you could be a superhero character, who would you be and why?
Miss Invisible. I prefer to watch people to being the centre of attention. (Yes, I know, I was surprised too!!)
2) Do you have any hidden talents?
I make excellent Moccachino and I see dead people (okay, so the last part only happened once but ChaiFM staff can verify the Moccachino story.)
3) Finish the sentence. ChaiFM is the best because...
it doesn't underestimate the intelligence of the listener and connects us to one another and to G-d in a meaningful and personal way.
4) Who's your celebrity crush?
5) If you could master one instrument, what would it be and why?
6) If you could choose two people (who are alive today) to interview on your show who would they be and why?
I like to interview ordinary people who have come through challenges - their stories inspire and stand as a testament that we can and will also get through our present challenges.
7) Which car best represents you?
These are HARD questions. How often does one think: "Oh hey I'm a Jeep, Jeep, Jeep"?.
8) If you were president for one day. What would you change?
I would change South Africa's policy on lebelling products (yes,dare I say I think what it's made of is more important than where the product originates from!)
9) What do like most about being a presenter on radio?
I genuinely love people and love talking to people, hearing their opinions and celebrating our human diversity. Radio presenting gives me the platform to do that.
10) What is your favourite saying?
"The two most important days of your life are they day you are born and the day you find out why" - Mark Twain